Friday, January 12, 2007

Winter Wonderland


The weather report for this weekend is .5-2 inches of ice. Here in Oklahoma, this doesn't happen very often, and the world pretty much shuts down when it does. Luckily, the majesty has it's big brother and sister (my roommates cars) to cuddle up with and stay warm.

I, on the other hand, spent the evening freezing my butt off taking pictures of our newly freezer burned street.


These are definitely not good two-wheel conditions. Admittedly, I'll drive in rain and wind, sometimes against my own self interest, but when It's like this out, I stay home. ( I know, some of you are saying I'm a weakling and that little dusting of ice is nothing... but this is Oklahoma, and here that only happens once or twice a year, so we have very little tolerance, or practice, for driving on it. Cars aren't out right now either. )

Beau Bear, on the other hand, can't get enough of the weather. I imagine the big fur coat helps some. Maybe we should all start wearing fur coats on our bikes. I wonder how they'd do for abrasion protection, or aerodynamics...








p.s. It was 55 degrees yesterday. Welcome to Oklahoma.

1 comments:

Beth Perry said...

Or the anti-fur industry. Shame on you. And I thought I raised an animal lover. Of course you were really thinking fake fur, right?

Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory