Sunday, February 18, 2007

Blue Skies Shining on Me


I just finished watching the documentary "Long Way Round" about Ewan Mcreggor and his friend riding around the world on motorcycles, and it put me in the mood to take a trip. Luckily for me, it was a balmy 58 degrees today. Erika and I took the oppertunity to take a ride down S.H. 9 to Lake Thunderbird for the afternoon.
The ride was nice, though a little on the windy side, as you can tell by the photo to the left. It seems like the wind has more effect on me with a passenger, or maybe it's just harder to compensate with the extra weight. I'm not sure. It was still a pleasant ride though. We visited a few boat ramps and docks, took some pictures, and really just enjoyed the stint of nice weather. Unfortunately, Erika deemed it too cold for swimming. The weather is supposed to be in the fifties and sixties for at least the next week, so I'm hoping to fit in a drive down highway 77 to Stillwater sometime next weekend. I'd really like to take a longer trip somewhere soon, perferrably an overnight, but I don't want to go alone, and I can't think of anyway to pack the tent and other camping gear without covering the pillion seat. I guess I'll just have to keep trying to talk Erika into buying herself a bike suitable for highway speeds. Until than, there are plenty of docks and lakes and whatever else to drive to within an hour or two of here.


p.s. I apologize profusely for the cheesy title...

0 comments:

Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory